Rain and rain/freeze sensors are becoming "must have" components for irrigation systems these days. Rain Bird designed the new WR2 wireless sensor to exceed the standard. With revolutionary features, this sensor saves time, improves system performance and enhances your reputation as a water management expert.
Reliable signal transmission and other innovations deliver superior responsiveness to rainfall and cold temperatures, while user-friendly features cut installation and programming time in half. Choose your own rainfall set points and save up to 35% on water usage while promoting lush, beautiful landscapes.
Installs faster with one-person:
Rain Bird designed the WR2 so that one person can install it quickly and easily. Signal strength is displayed on both the sensor unit and the controller interface. The sensor's innovative versatile mounting bracket quickly attaches securely to a gutter or any vertical surface, such as a fence or wall.
Easier to use and program
Programming the WR2 is simplified for fast set-up. In just a few seconds, you can select set points, program the irrigation modes and save your default. On the controller interface, all settings are displayed on the easy-to-read LCD screen, so you can see signal strength, rain and temperature set points, battery life and more at a glance. Unlike other rain sensors, the WR2 has a long-lasting battery that's quick and easy to replace.
Superior signal reliability
Signal strength is displayed on the controller interface using familiar cell phone icons. Dual antennas safeguard the system from signal interference by radios, mobile phones, power lines, etc. The WR2 system overcomes most line-of-sight obstructions so you have freedom in locating the sensor. Weather data is updated every 45 seconds to ensure the most reliable communication between sensor and controller.
Wireless RainBird Rain/Freeze Sensors
Shipping costs will be added at checkout for this premium priced product. Shipping same day or next day of purchase order. Via Canada Post, UPS or FedEx Ground, up to 3 days in transportation.
20 day return policy from the time of purchase for unused product in original packaging, minus shipping cost where applicable & 20% restocking fee. Send email request for RMA to: email@example.com
We are here to work with you and the manufacturers to rectify any faulty items that fall under the manufacturer warranty program. Send email inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
North America (916 MHz)
- WR2-RFC: Rain/Freeze Combo
- WR2-RFI: Rain/Freeze Controller Interface Only
- WR2-RFS: Rain/Freeze Sensor Only
International (868 MHz)
- WR2-RFC-868: Rain/Freeze Combo
WR2 Controller Interface
- Width: 3.1“ (7.9 cm)
- Length: 6.8” (17.2 cm)
- Depth: 1.7” (4.3 cm)
- Distance between Mounting Holes: 6.25" (15.9 cm)
WR2 Sensor Assembly
- Sensor Length: 5.8” (14.7 cm)
- Attachment Bracket Length: 4.6” (11.7 cm)
- Distance between Mounting Holes: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Horizontal displacement (bracket + fixed ball arm): 5.5” (14.0 cm)
- Application: suitable for use with 24 VAC controllers (with or without pump start / master valve).
- Electrical rating suitable for use with up to six 24VAC 7VA solenoids plus an additional master valve or pump start that does not exceed 53VA.
- Controller Interface Wire: 30” (76 cm) length of #22 gauge (0.64 mm) UV resistant extension wire.
- UL, cUL, CE, C-Tick, and WEEE certifications.
- FCC approved spread spectrum 2 way radio transceivers with FCC Class B approvals.
- Signal transmission distance of 700’ Line of Sight.
- Battery life: four or more years under normal operating conditions.
- 6 KV surge / lighting protection.
- Adjustable rainfall settings from 1/8” – 1/2” (3 – 13 mm).
- Adjustable low temperature settings from 33°F – 41°F (0.5° – 5°C).
- Three irrigation modes to select: Programmed, Suspend Irrigation for 72 hours, Override sensor for 72 hours.
- "Quick Shut Off” suspends active irrigation cycle within approximately two minutes.
- High-grade, UV resistant polymer units resist harmful environmental effects.